|Abundance of jalapenos!|
|Sweet & Spicy|
- 2 lbs green jalapenos (if you must, remove the seeds, but I like the heat!)
- 3-4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes (zested and juiced)
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 packet Sure Jell liquid fruit pectin (3 oz)
- Using a food processor, finely chop the jalapenos.
- Transfer them to a pot and stir in sugar, cider vinegar, lime juice and zest and salt. Heat over medium-heat until it boils and reduce the heat to low for 10-12 minutes. Stir constantly.
|Doesn't look great, but tastes wonderful.|
- Turn the heat on high until it boils - stir in the pectin and boil for another minute. Continue to stir, and then remove from heat.
- Let cool. You can can these or if you know you'll devour it quickly, just stick it in the fridge.
Big jar for me and a lil' jar for my mother!
This tastes great with stinky and salty cheeses. It's also good as a spread on sandwiches.