Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Marshall Farmstand (Fenway)

Tomorrow, the real fun begins. My first "share" of vegetables from the CSA put together by Marshall's Fenway Farm.

At first I was a little skeptical of this place. It's hard for me to pay more for an apple at the farm stand when I could pay less across the street at Shaw's (it's literally across the street), but I have to say the quality of produce I find in this little farm stand tends to be much better than the items I find across the street. What I really enjoy though, is the local brands the farm stand has introduced me to (especially Batch ice-cream- try the salted caramel which is smooth and delicious).

This past weekend they had a fundraiser, to provide CSA shares to low-income families in the Fenway area, and raised money through raffling off prizes. Although my $40 donation didn't win me NOKTBSB tickets, I did win two nifty gift baskets! Pretty excited to dig into these!

Basket #1

Basket #2
(Also included 1 pt Batch Ice-cream, 1 pt Chilly Cow Coffee, and 2 GGOrignals Gluten Free Meals)

Like I said- tomorrow the real fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment