|Not the best photo, but I have many people who can vouch that they were delicious!|
- 1 3/4 C AP flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t baking powder
- 1T granulated sugar
- 1t salt
- 1 stick (1/2 C) melted unsalted butter
- 3 room temperature eggs
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt into one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine cooled butter with eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. I find the easiest way to do this is to beat the eggs, drizzle in the butter until combined, add vanilla, and then drizzle in butter milk until combined.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Let sit one minute for the mixture to expand (remember when you mixed baking soda and vinegar together and it would volcano? Buttermilk will cause the same reaction because theoretically you can make buttermilk with milk that's been curdled with a bit of vinegar).
- Load about 3/4 C to 1 C into a hot waffle maker! I personally like to let it go for about 4 minutes. Makes about 3 waffles.