Saturday, September 12, 2009

New House Specialty


When I first made this dish, I told Joe it would be either the best or worst thing he ever put into this mouth.

It was the best.

I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but I'm going to. This salsa is amazing, especially if you have it in summer when the vegetables and fruits are as fresh as can be.

Did I say salsa? I meant, pico de gallo.


Peach-Corn Pico de Gallo

Ingredients:

2 ears of corn
2 white peaches (firm)
1 pint of tomatoes
¼ of a medium red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro
Pinch of salt
½ a lime
½ jalapeno

Roast the corn (on the cob) and peaches until peaches are softer and slightly blackened and corn is toasty. Take the kernels off the corn with a sharp knife, dice up tomatoes and onion, mince the garlic cilantro and jalpeno. Mix everything together and squeeze in lime and salt it to taste. The fresher your ingredients the better this is.

I promise it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment