Sunday, October 17, 2010

Waffles & Dinges

I'm not much of a sweets person usually but on my recent trip to NYC I discovered a delicious snack in the Madison Square Park Market- Waffles & Dinges (toppings). It's nothing crazy, just a delicious Belgian waffles topped with a variety of toppings.

According to their menu, they won a Throwdown with Bobby Flay as a result of their spekuloos spread (a house spread made of gingerbread cookies), so naturally I tried the waffle with spekuloos spread and bananas. Their waffles (they call them lieges) were delicious, they were crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. It was sweet, but not sugar-coma sweet and smelled of wondeful waffleness. The spekuloos spread was delicious as well. I was slightly nervous because I was afraid with the addition of the spekuloos spread it would be too sweet, but it enhanced the waffle without making it unbearably sweet. Overall, just a delicious way to end my NY trip.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment