Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Experimentation

After watching this weeks episode of Top Chef, I got a inspired and decided to make some southern food for myself. So I went to Shaws and picked myself up some shrimp and some quick 5-minute grits! I really like Tiffany's idea of honey glazed shrimp so I made the shrimp in a sauce consisting of honey, barbecue seasoning, cayenne pepper, orange-mango juice, soysauce, and siracha. It order to balance out the sweetness of the shrimp, I added some swiss into the grits, I figured a sharp cheese would cut the sweetness of the grits. My dish was a lot lighter than I remember shrimp and grits to be (probably because I forgot to add butter), but it was the perfect late night snack.
This morning I woke up and made a dish inspired by Joe's recent obsession with having eggs for dinner. This is a thick cut piece of wheat toast (either slice yourself or buy in Chinatown/Panera!) topped with what could be called Ranchero style scrambled eggs. The scrambled eggs were made with leftover pulled taco meat (recipe coming soon!), salsa, and Monterey jack cheese. It was finished with some jalapeƱo hot sauce I picked up at Trader Joe. I didn't go out last night, but I imagine this could be amazing hangover food.

No comments:

Post a Comment