Monday, October 3, 2011

Brown Bag Challenge: Week 5

We’re teaming up with fellow food bloggers to host a Brown-Bag Challenge, a month-long initiative to eat consciously and save money by packing a lunch each weekday instead of eating out. Join us here and share what you're eating on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #brownbag.

I was almost sad to finish up the last week of the brown bag challenge. It was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. When you come home late at night and barely have time for dinner, it's hard to figure out what you're going to be having for lunch the next day. But planning ahead has paid off and my waist and wallet have both thanked me for it.

Monday: Miso porridge with acorn squash served with yogurt, apples, and carrots. Unfortunately this was possibly the worst lunch item I've made in awhile. But hey-if you don't experiment, you'll never make something wonderful either.

Tuesday: Pork cutlet sandwich on Arnold sandwich thins with lettuce and onion. Also brought an apple, carrots, and yogurt.

Wednesday: Pork cutlet over rice and stir-fried spring salad mix served with brown rice. I love getting rid of leftover salad by just stir-frying it with a little garlic. The pork cutlets were marinated Mama Yu style with black vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and lots of garlic! Delicious.

Thursday: Quinoa stuffed pepper via a recipe I got from Cinch! This is a low-cal lunch, reheats well, and is absolutely delicious. Definitely something I would make again.

Friday: Mixed green salad with pan seared cod, avocados, red onions, and almonds. A healthy way to kick off my diet and finish off a wonderful month of bringing lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment