Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Red Arrow

So, after a long day of snowboarding in New Hampshire, I was hungry. Joe, being a native of New Hampshire suggested we hit up the Red Arrow, since it was featured on the Food Network. Being the Food Network fanatic I am, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to hit up a place Guy Fieri had visited on his show Dinners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.Now, the Red Arrow is a tiny place in the heart of Machester, only about 10 seats at the bar and maybe 4-5 tables to sit at. What they lack in size though they definitely  make up in spirit. Many locals frequent it, and for those who are there for the first time, are welcomed with a ring of a bell and a "de-virginized" sticker, a simple way to really make you feel at home.

Joe ordered the Arrows Country Chicken, and I ordered the Chop Suey (because that's what Guy ordered on the show).

So the Chop Suey (pictured on the top) was sub par to my expectations, but then again I've never had Chop Suey before. According to Joe, whose mom makes Chop Suey from time to time, it was an average Chop Suey. Now, on the other hand the Arrow's Country Chicken (picture on the bottom) was amazing. The chicken was crispy and sauce/gravy on top was succulent.
 There's nothing to brag about the mac-and-cheese, but the cole slaw was one of the best I've had.

Now the real kicker was the dinah fingers (homemade twinkis) we heard about, now I'm not much of a fan of twinkis, so I just found them to be ok, but Joe, who also doesn't like twinkis...had this to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment