This is possibly one of the easiest cheesecakes to put together, but the flavor of the cream cheese and vanilla, really shine through. I make two versions of this cheesecake, one thats a traditional new york style and the other a banana cheesecake.
- 2- 8 oz. packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of milk (full fat please if you have the choice!)
- Either 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp banana extract and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker pie shell
1. Preheat an oven to 350°.
2. Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, or help it soften in the microwave. I'd start it on 30 seconds and see where you're at, you want it to be soft, not melted.
3. Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer if you have), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract (or banana & vanilla extract which is the Yu family method of choice) to the cream cheese and once again, beat until smooth.
4. Once smooth, pour the mixture into the graham cracker shell. Make sure it doesn't overflow.
5. Bake the cake for 30 minutes, or until the middle is about just set (I find its a little closer to 35 minutes). It's also important to look for a light golden brown color. You'll have to play around with the times to suit your oven.
6. Take it out of the oven and let it cool on the counter until room temperature. Lightly cover with saran wrap or aluminum foil (careful not to actually touch the cake) and let it finish setting in your fridge for 2 hours.
7. Serve chilled, with coffee and or whipped cream if desired.
It's truly fast, simple, and delicous and a great way to end any holiday meal.