Sunday, June 7, 2015

SanFran: Top 10

As we rode our bikes back from Sausalito, Joe proclaimed. "I can see why people live in San Francisco. It's nice here."

As with Seattle, we did a lot, and ate even more. Here's my SF 10.

I'll admit it's probably not worth the wait, but if you can grab a table at State Bird Provisions, I'd go for the experience. It's basically American Style Dim Sum, but I liked it (grab the chicken liver mousse!). The ice cream sandwich pictured above was on point.
Some of the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge are via a bike path on the way there! Would highly suggest renting a bike and riding over the bridge. You can take the ferry back from Sausalito (a town on the other side of the bridge), or if you're feeling energetic...ride back!
PPQ Dungeness Island - the salt and peppercorn crab is delicious. Add some garlic noodles and papaya salad and you have a mouthwatering meal.
This was at Jacuzzi Winery; I would highly suggest taking a wine tour in Sonoma! We used Valley Wine Tours and I really enjoyed it (they even provide a nice picnic lunch)! Be careful, as you continue to drink, you'll find the need to buy more and more wine (and in my case, join a wine club).
The Kouign Amann at b. patisserie was delicious! Great pastry shop!
La Tacqueria. I know, if a place sells tacos, it's a tacqueria, but you have to find LA Tacqueria. Delicious tacos, but very filling so don't order too many!
Street art in the Mission is awesome! We walked down Balmy St. and enjoyed all of the graffiti.

Liz knows I love donuts, so she took me to Dynamo Donuts! I had no idea, but if you google "Best Donuts in the US" it will usually show up on the list! Good looks little one.

Sightglass Coffee. The best coffee I had in SF.

Our meal at Saison, which will ultimately get its own blog post. It's probably hard to justify going back because of the price tag, but I did thoroughly enjoy my meal here (thanks Daddy!).

Overall, we had a great time sightseeing and eating our way through San Francisco. It's definitely a different pace (read: slower pace) on the West Coast and I can see how people must enjoy that. I wonder if when they come to NY, they think we're all just crazy. Since one of my best friends is going to move there and Liz will be there for another year, Joe and I have enough excuses to visit again.

As some quick notes of other places we hit up:

  • Izakaya Kou: If you need to wait for State Bird, go across the street to Izakaya Kou and get some yakitori.
  • Mr. Holmes Bakeshop: Had the infamous "cruffin", but if you've had a cronut, you've had a cruffin. Good, but nothing to write home about.
  • Pier 39 to just look at the massive number of sea lions that hang out there
  • Mazarine Coffee: Solid cup of coffee, but Sightglass was better (but Milstead in Seattle was the best!)
  • Hogwash: Great place to get some sausages and beer. Pretty reasonably priced as well.
  • Bi-Rite Creamery: I don't love ice cream in general, so I'm not a good judge, but my sister seems to think it's amazing.
  • Hog Island Oyster Co: Oysters are fresh and it's nice to sit outside looking out to the water, but it's overpriced for what you get.
One last picture to close out the trip to SF and the whole reason Joe and I went to the West Coast:
Liz graduated from Berkley! Congrats Lil' One!

No comments:

Post a Comment