Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Crazy 8?

I belt a lot of songs out of tune, but generally there are few that I really relate to (in the genre I listen to). Do I sing/yell "Baby, like a damn sociopath!" when I listen to Olivia Rodrigo's "good 4 u", yes, I do. Do I know what it's like to cry on the bathroom floor, not so much.

Does our wedding song remind me of Joe? No, most of the time I can't remember that it was a mash up of "Have I Told You Lately" and "Grease Lightening" (actually, I remember the Grease Lightening part...)

What gets me every time though, is "All of Me" by John Legend. Any time I hear the song, I can't help but smile because in one sentence, it expresses our relationship: "You're crazy and I'm out of my mind".

You're crazy. Even though I roll my eyes often, his sense of adventure is awe inspiring. Always wanting to explore the "off road" path or doing extensive research to find the best places for us to take mini trips on the weekends. He also develops very extensive/elaborate story lines/plots when playing with the girls; for a while Bethany's favorite game was when the father from Peppa Pig was evil and was kidnapping the Hello Kitties (I too question, what we are teaching our kids...) I always call him my "biggest kid" because of how much he likes to just have fun and enjoy life, finding excitement in every day things like butterflies, planes flying overhead, and watching Bluey (highly recommend if you have Disney+) with the girls.

And I'm out of my mind. Joe has been all about my crazy from Day 1. Does he let me order food for 4 people when it's just the 2 of us (for fitter or fatter baby!)? He does. Does he dance with me in the middle of the living room just because I'm in the mood? He does. Does he hype me up and take things to the next level for me? Absolutely! Whether it was our garden, my fight with the township's super intendent, painting our corn hole boards, Joe takes my interests and runs with them to take them up a notch. 

8 years of marriage and we've definitely upped our crazy game, especially with the addition of our two little weirdos - and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

As Legend would say "All of me, loves all of you, all your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections" or as Charlie might say "Canonbop!"

Happy #8. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment